splattermail

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Postcards for Hitler

"BERLIN - Adolf Hitler may have committed suicide in his bunker in 1945, but Germany's post office still appears to be looking for him.

A postcard mailed to "Fuehrer Adolf Hitler" was given a post office address correction and forwarded to Germany's Parliament, a spokeswoman for the chamber confirmed onWednesday.

Sent from Britain, the card was officially stamped with the "proper" address by the Deutsche Post and the words: "Mail corrected due to insufficient address - please alert sender. Ascertained address: Deutsche Bundestag, 11011 Berlin."

The hand written card, signed only "Herr T." and dated 23 January, begins "Dear Fuehrer Hitler."

The writer goes on to say: "I love and like you so much. I am your very best good friend and your SS personnel ... Thank you so much for coming to see me in your splendid image last night. Please come to see me again. Please take good care of yourself and look after yourself and enjoy. You have my life ... and all my money. Yours faithfully, Herr T."

Pictured on the card is a "love spoon" which is explained as a Welsh tradition to show affection." Expatica

How sweet. Now would Adolf be the big spoon (aka the cheating spoon), or the little spoon? Of course, the sender is clearly a fucking loon. And German. Is that redundant? I think I'm going to get started on some Easter cards to Saddam and Bob Mugabe.





Copyright Splattermail Inc. 2004. All rights reserved. The views above are the views of the bloggers alone.
Valid XHTML1.1 & CSS | RSS feed [xml]
design by smg