splattermail

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Home Alone

"DES MOINES, USA - authorities confirmed Monday that a Nov. 9 apartment fire was caused by three small, unattended children playing with a butane torch.

Authorities say the fire, which caused an estimated $500,000 in damage to six apartments at 8427 Alice Ave., started on a living room couch in a basement apartment. Fire officials said the blaze was "enhanced," but not started, by fuel from model rockets kept by the apartment's chief tenant as a hobby.

Police are still investigating whether the tenant's girlfriend - the mother of three children ages 2, 4 and 6 - will face charges for briefly leaving her children alone when the fire started.

"We've still got some more work that we need to do before we get to the point of whether we can charge somebody," said Clive Police Detective Terry Brauch. "Our hope is that by the end of this week we will have it pretty well nailed down."

The fire, which burned through portions of three floors of the building, briefly left 16 people homeless." DeMoinesRegister

I know this probably shouldn't be funny, but it really is. Snotty biters + butane torch + rocket fuel = funny story. The mother really needs a flying bitch slap, though - THAT'S not funny. What kind of stupid cow does something like that? She was probably hoping they'd just stick to the Tazers and Ginsu Knives that she bought them last Christmas.

Its still funny.






Copyright Splattermail Inc. 2004. All rights reserved. The views above are the views of the bloggers alone.
Valid XHTML1.1 & CSS | RSS feed [xml]
design by smg